From Wednesday 4 August, children’s A&E services at South Tyneside District Hospital will change to South Tyneside Urgent Care for Children.
This is a new nurse-led service open from 8am-10pm, 7 days a week.
The expert children’s nursing team at South Tyneside District Hospital will continue treat children from birth up to 16 years for a range of injuries and illnesses which are urgent but not life threatening.
- Broken bones
- Children who have breathing problems such as asthma
- Common childhood infections in the chest, ears or throat
- Children who are being sick or have diarrhoea
- Cuts and open wounds that need closing
- Minor burns
- Minor bumps or head injuries
- Sprained ankles or strained muscles.
If you are worried about your child you should call NHS111 for urgent medical advice. In a life threatening emergency call 999.
Please share to help us spread the word.
Find out more here: https://bit.ly/3y9h0s0
Please click the link below to access the information leaflet